Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seattle Pacific University

Today has been a good day. I actually managed to speak to a real person at Seattle Pacific University about the Master of Arts in Teaching program. (MAT) Very positive and user/family friendly program. It was so nice to hear positive and real-life advice from someone who actually cares. On these days, my faith in humanity gets restored.

So If I do get a job, I can still get my degree or if I want to go full-swing, get it done in 5 quarters. A gorgeous campus and very nice people.

My original thought, as it is these days, is to be marketable. So I thought since I love Biology, to go that route. However, my passions exist where there is literature and words to be pondered over. So, I think that is the route I need to pursue because I already have so many pre-reqs completed. I can always add Biology later, thanks to the balanced perspective of my boyfriend. I need balance. What would I do without him?

So, next step is to apply to a community college and get a few courses under my belt, volunteer with some kids and get this thing going. Let's hope it all falls into place. Until then, job searching continues. Still throwing my lines out. Just waiting for a bite.

No comments: