Sunday, August 23, 2009

Escape


Another week, another ten or so resumes sent out and just one thing; an interview tomorrow morning at a local private catering business. Should be interesting. Their website looks remarkable and it is something I would enjoy doing. So, off tomorrow to "wow" them, hopefully.

This weekend was remarkable. The man of my life took me on another boat trip. This time to Port Townsend. Beautiful weather, quaint and lovely little town and a great bar call The Sirens. They make a mean Long Island Iced Tea. Drunken clowns at the local parade probably helped... Made me start talking about ducks and how well formed they follow each other. Like the drill team of the bird world. Anyway...

Eating chicken and wild rice on the boat getting a bit shnockered drinking some hard cider and playing Crazy 8's produced a night I've been waiting for. Waiting for a long time. Wind storms on both Friday and Saturday night made for a symphony of sounds. Wind blowing through the docks whistling through sail boat lines, knocking metal and wooden rings and fasteners. A cacophony of sound that eerily appealed to my senses. Made for strange dreams, wonderful love and a sincere sense that time could go on like that forever. The dock had a history and it was speaking to me.

Saturday produced what Ron and I coined the "shopper's shuffle." You know what I mean. You go somewhere like Port Townsend and you shuffle in and out of each shop, not really walking, not running, but shuffling. Your posture is shot, your feet ache like nobody's business and you feel exhausted after well, doing nothing but window shopping. Next on the schedule, we patroned The Rose Theatre and saw Julie & Julia. A charming funny movie. A must see if you are a Meryl Streep fan. Finished off at the Mezzaluna Lounge with Clam Chowder and Sourdough bread I could live for. We shuffled...all day. I think I need a chiropractic adjustment.

Now Sunday has rolled around and now almost gone and I made it through the big locks tying to two other boats. It's emotionally exhausting and I couldn't for the life of me understand a single syllable of the man yelling grumpy Gus demands on where we were to go. They need to smile once in a while. A little sunburned later and a new scratch from a barnacle and I feel like I've survived a truly harrowing ordeal.

Another

No comments: