Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting in shape...inside and out



One positive aspect of being unemployed is that there is no longer an excuse to skip your workouts. Or a perfect excuse to begin one. I used to workout six days a week for an hour and a half. Mind you, that's BEFORE bearing a child and getting bogged down with that thing called marriage (ugghh!) I used to be in great shape. I was in drill team and cheerleading in high school and danced my little tush off every weekend at the local under-21 dance club for teens. Needless to say, I miss shakin' it.

So now, I've decided I need to step up, take accountability for my body and get back into the gym and change some flab into fab!

My boyfriend gifted me a membership to a gym that is literally 120 of my little feet from it's front door to mine...so there it is. I started with a two-week free trial and of course, loved it. So now, I'm taking Zumba! and step classes, and working on my stamina with the elliptical and treadmill. Feeling great. The hardest part is over; now I just have to keep it up.

So when I want to make all those who wont hire me a dart target practice, I just go to the gym, work the tension and stress off and look stunning doing so.

No comments: