Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunday

Late Sunday afternoon. Two sisters, making their way through all the muckety-muck of the city, enjoying a sunny, although a bit-too-warm of a day. Too much sun means nap time. Sitting in my sun-drenched apartment I get my sister's feet soaking in my foot tub. The smell of Sweet Pea permeates the room. Enya is playing on the computer and I am asked to turn off the lights and "rest a bit."

"This music is nice," she says.
"Yes, it is very relaxing," I mumble.
"It makes me think of a certain shade of blue," she says.
Suzy makes that cozy sleepy smile you get when your belly is full, your feet are soaked and you're ready for cat-nap time in a soft red blankie.
"It makes me feel like I'm in the 1700's heading for the guillotine to get beheaded on orders from the King," I flatly say.

Two hours later...I have obviously watched too much of The Tudors and my sister obviously knows how to relax.

I love ya sis. I hope you are feeling better today.
Big pumped up heart to you!

Laughing ensues. Ahhh...it's good to be sisters. How different we are.

No comments: