Thursday, September 4, 2008

Memories


This morning I got up, first day of school for my daughter, turned on the radio and OMD was playing. Ahhh, OMD. Good times. I remember, my family living in a 3-bedroom town home in Yakima, summer time and the living was rather good. Nothing had happened in my life yet, so no need for regrets or sadness. All I worried about was how good my tan was going to get and how soon my boyfriend could come over. I had my walkman on, tuned in to OMD, "I Was So In Love With You" playing as I squirted lemon juice on my hair so that I could get primo highlights. Of course, I'm Irish and German, so the tan was more a joke than anything. The only reason I was a bit darker was due to the enormous amounts of freckles that popped up as each hour went by.

I got a bit of advice the other day: Do what I enjoy in life and good things will come to me. Well, I think I already do that, but patience has never been one of my virtues. Stellar in the patience department, I am not. But I'm willing to continue on. In the past I've left my life, I tried on my significant other's friends and thoughts and turned into someone that wasn't me. I vow never to do that again. Maybe that was where I went wrong in a big way. I won't apologize for who I am, what I look like or the way I feel any longer. I'm me, I'm stellar in my own light and those who choose to be in my life will have to just love the whole of me. Onto enjoying a beautiful life!

No comments: