Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bobbles & more bobbles

I have a theory about bobble heads and stuffed animals in peoples' car windows. First of all, why? I'm driving along and pull up behind a car filled with stuffed animals and/or bobble headed creatures. I've been assaulted by inanimate objects! The theory is that these people have nothing better to do than stock-pile stuffed things and wobbly-bobbly things in their car. Somehow, these people have been deprived of their childhood and now they are just screaming for attention and they are sure getting it, just the wrong kind. I can just imagine the big haired woman in the driver's seat smoking a cigarette with her ugly rat-dog on her lap, adjusting her windshield pets thinking back on all the birthdays she never got a single stuffed animal she wanted. But, now! Look at her go. She has 500 of them in her car window. The pride is overwhelming and as she adjusts that hideous wiener bobble dog, she swerves into my lane and I give her my best stink-eye and am reminded how much I hate those stupid things in the window.

Onto other subjects: I taught my knitting class last night. They are women I've had in classes before and I am just delighted that I get the privilege to help them continue their knitting journey. I had a bad day yesterday; working on two hours of sleep and unbelievable loneliness and I see the yarn shop and instantly know that I am where I'm supposed to be. I have my students to thank because they give me what I don't get enough of. So, if my students are reading this, thank you for being there! I slept well last night. :)

No comments: