Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Twin Peaks: Not just under my shirt

My daughter and I have been embarking on the Twin Peaks series. There were two kinds of people in the world in the early '90's. Those who watched Twin Peaks and those who watched Northern Exposure. I was the latter, so I decided it was time to find out about Laura Palmer and the pop culture phenomenon of Twin Peaks. It is of interest that Kyle McLachlan was born and grew up in my hometown, Yakima, WA. He went to Ike (aka Eisenhower High School) He being significantly older than me, I never knew him.

He is one quirky dude in Twin Peaks. The macabre setting, the haunting soundtrack all makes for a desolate, can't get enough of, dark and dreary, Peyton's Place. Everyone smokes, screws around on their significant other and owns a gun. All very, very interesting. Who killed Laura Palmer? We don't know yet, one more season to go.

...and if anyone knows, who is Diane? :)

No comments: