Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Intentions


One can live a life full of regrets, wishes, forgotten dreams. Basically, most everyone I know in some capacity or another. I have to set intentions for a new year because if I go on like this, life is bound to get much worse. I've spent this year hoping that it would be better than 2007; and for the most part, it was. However, I think my greatest challenge in life is striking a balance. With me, it's either all or nothing. That is a difficult life to lead and to keep up with. The sense of urgency overrules and then nothing gets done and here I am, at the end of another year, and didn't do what I really wanted to do. So, as a pagan, or an alternative spiritualist, whatever you want to box me into, I'm putting my intentions out in the universe via blog, and see what comes. Because if you say or write your intentions, the more likely they will come to fruition.

-Learn to relax, truly, truly, relax.
-Listen to more meditative music
-use my prayer beads to relax my mind
-exercise for the health of it, not because I'm short, stocky, fat, what have you
-eat more fruits and vegetables and the more organic, in-season foods
-look in the mirror and tell myself that I am beautiful and worth everything I long for
-continue to be a role model for my daughter
-publish (or attempt to) knitting patterns
-walk more to clear my mind
-knit more things for myself
-write more
-let go of the anger and resentment of the past in order to move forward

These are my intentions. I visited a Tibetan shop that I frequent near work today and bought myself a new year's gift: Himalayan Meditation music and prayer beads for both my daughter and I to use. The wonderful man who owns the place is so peaceful and so humble, it really sets things in motion for me to be more compassionate and hope for human-kind to be more passionate. He gave me a Universal Prayer to memorize in times of need:

May all sentient beings have happiness and its cause
May all sentient beings be free, suffering its cause
May all sentient beings never be separated from sorrowless bliss
May all sentient beings abide in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.

Om Ma Ni Pad Ma Hung

No comments: