Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Signs

Things have been happening to me a bit too easily lately. My apartment just sort of fell into my lap. My daughter is amazing and is the pride of my life and as a 13 year-old, really doesn't give me any trouble. I'm feeling very content in life and actually learning how to relax and brush things off my shoulders a bit. I've felt a heavy load for many years and I believe it's starting to lighten up. I'm actually sleeping like a baby for the first time in years.

I'm also a big believer in signs and intuition. I don't think we as a human race listen to our guts. Instead we usually ignore the flags and continue on a path of unhappiness. I'm choosing to no longer apologize for what I feel or for what I want out of life. That said, I've been messing around with two ideas: Either going back to school to get a Masters in teaching K-8-Biology or English OR owning my own yarn shop. However, a third factor plays in. I've also entertained the idea of getting my Midwife or Doula certification. So what happens when I take my dog out for a walk last night in the lovely enchanted park behind my apartment building? Seattle's Midwifery School. Smack dab in the middle of beauty. It's a sign. I think I should listen to my instincts and take it for what it is. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: