Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Creepers











Okay, here is how the eve before Halloween went. I have been rather lazy and haven't bought a pumpkin to carve. My daughter is at the cusp of teenage-hood and would rather not trick-or-treat this year but have a friend over and watch a scary movie and eat a bag of candy and popcorn, along with pizza and pop. I don't know how their stomachs do it. Anyway, I went to a local farmers market...tiny pumpkins not good for carving. 6 pm. Went to Safeway, no pumpkins left, like it never happened. 6:15 pm. Went up to the other Safeway, no pumpkins either. 6:25 pm. Crap! My kid needs a pumpkin to carve or she knows life will be over. She hangs her head in defeat and tells me "That's okay." I now know that nothing is going to be okay unless she gets a pumpkin. I head to PCC, they have to have something. Indeed, the best pumpkins ever! What does it cost me? $6.66. I kid you not. Creepy, weird, whatever you call it, we were meant to have that pumpkin. Take a gander. She did it all herself. You can't see the back, but there is a carved tail. It's rad!

No comments: