Friday, January 16, 2009

I've often pondered the result of buying a food product based on the cover on the box/package and then opening it and realizing I've been duped. What do they do, take a photograph of the food under a microscope so that it looks amazing and delicious? Is the food that poor that they must make it LOOK as if you are receiving something gourmet? That's why I often buy the generic, store brands. I mean, who cares about the packaging if the inside isn't all that it's cracked up to be? I find the store brands just fine.

What spawned these ridiculous, why-should-anyone-care- thoughts: Today I went to IHOP and had myself breakfast for lunch. I love to do that. So I had two strips of very greasy bacon, a wad, and I do mean a wad, of hash browns and a gargantuan sized portion of eggs. Now, the menu says TWO eggs. I've scrambled eggs before and there is NO WAY that two eggs equals the amount that I just ate. I remember going there as a child with my parents and the portions were about equal-potatoes and eggs. Now the potatoes are tiny-sized and the eggs are, well, not two eggs.

This is what I think about driving idly around the neighborhood.

Truth in advertising? I don't think so.

No comments: