Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Starting off the new year right...I decided to stop thinking about my social life, or lack thereof, and create one. I have friends, I love them all, but they are all married. The single friends I thought I had are otherwise involved and have dropped me like a hot potato. (It happens) So! I took my oh-so-dear sister's advice and joined a few groups to meet people and do things that I enjoy doing.

First off, I joined a pug group. Pugs and their owners get together once a month at a dog park, chat, look at each other's pugs and ooooh and ahhhh over them. Pug lovers understand each other :)

Second, I joined a single parents group. So, they get together, them and children ARE welcome to all events and make friends. I am actually looking forward to attending the next event. It is at the Asian Art Museum later on this month.

To come...a Seattle singles group. I joined, but won't attend anything for a while. I have to get my nerve up and my confidence to runneth over.

I think this will be good for me; to get out, make new friends, network, enjoy living a bit and getting some semblance of a life.

2009 will be different.

No comments: