Wednesday, August 27, 2008

food

Quote of the Day:

"You learn to like someone when you find out what makes them laugh, but you can never truly love someone until you find out what makes them cry."

Author: Unknown

______________________

Quirk No. 6: Nuts & Salad

I never used to like nuts. Just the honey roasted peanuts. Now, I've come to appreciated nuts and actually like the taste of them. BUT! Only on the side. No nuts in any of my food, not fudge, brownies, salads; no nuts. It's all about the texture and I believe that nuts should be had alone. Only nuts on the side. If someone serves food to me and it has nuts, I will pick out the nuts, set them on the side of my plate and eat the rest. As for salad, I always leave one or two leaves of salad on my plate. I never, ever, finish a salad completely. I don't know why, I just always leave a few remains. I'm very aware of it too. I make sure to always leave a few leaves of lettuce. Maybe it's some deep seated superstition that involves lettuce. I cannot explain.

No comments: